We take a look at the most popular movies and television shows online over the past week.
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) – Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015) – Robert Downey Jnr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth
- Game Of Thrones (2011) – Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner
- Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) – Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Hailee Steinfeld, Brittany Snow
- Ex Machina (2015) – Alicia Vikander, Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, Sonoya Mizuno
- Arrow (2012) – Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Susanna Thompson
- Mad Max (1979) – Mel Gibson, Joanne Samuel, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Steve Bisley
- The Flash (2014) – Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker
- Supergirl (2015) – Melissa Benoist, Laura Benanti, Mehcad Brooks, Dean Cain
- Daredevil (2015) – Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson
- Furious Seven (2015) – Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham
- Suicide Squad (2016) – Margot Robbie, Cara Delevingne, Scott Eastwood, Jared Leto
- Hot Pursuit (2015) – Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara, Matthew Del Negro, Michael Mosley
- Captain America: Civil War (2016) – Elizabeth Olsen, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Emily VanCamp
- Tommorwland (2015) – George Clooney, Britt Robertson, Hugh Laurie, Raffey Cassidy
- Maggie (2015) – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Abigail Breslin, Joely Richardson, Laura Cayouette
- Batman vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice (2016) – Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg
- The Age Of Adaline (2015) – Blake Lively, Michel Huisman, Harrison Ford, Kathy Baker
- Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens (2015) – Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013) – Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Ian De Casetecker
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) – Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine
- Once Upon A Time (2011) – Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Josh Dallas
- Fifty Shades Of Grey (2015) – Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Jennifer Ehle, Eloise Mumford
- Grey’s Anatomy (2005) – Ellen Pompeo, Justin Chambers, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jnr.
- Mad Men (2007) – Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss, Vincent Kartheiser, January Jones
It is always an interesting moment for film lovers when an actress they have watched grow up on the screen suddenly makes their first ‘grown-up film’. That recently happened for fans of young star Abigail Breslin, whether she was cracking gags in “Little Miss Sunshine” or fighting zombies in “Zombieland” there has always been an air of innocence around the characters that Breslin has portrayed. It was therefore a shock to many when they sat down to watch crime thriller “The Call” and saw a very grown-up Breslin appear in her underwear while being menaced by a serial killer.
Abigail Kathleen Breslin was born on the 14th April, 1996 in New York City. She is the daughter of Michael and Kim Breslin, her mother is a housewife and her father is a computer programmer who works in the telecommunications field. It has also been revealed that Abigail was named after former First Lady of The United States Abigail Adams.
The acting bug really did bite Abigail Breslin at a very early age – not surprising when you consider that her brothers Ryan and Spencer are also actors. Abigail made her first acting appearance at the age of three when she appeared in a ‘Toys ‘R’ Us’ commercial, and it obviously made a huge impact because soon she was being cast by director M. Night Shyamalen to appear in his 2002 alien suspense film “Signs” alongside Mel Gibson. The film not only made $408 million at the box office but also saw Breslin receive praise for her performance from film critics and journalists right around the world.
Despite early success in the feature film world Breslin then decided to appear in television shows such as “Hack”, “What I Like About You”, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” and “NCIS” before again returning to the big screen in “Raising Helen” (with Kate Hudson), “Keane” and “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement”, the latter film introducing her to a much younger film base and also making her one of the most popular younger Hollywood stars.
After more television appearances, this time on “Ghost Whisperer” and “Grey’s Anatomy” Breslin then once again impressed critics with her portrayal of a young Olive Hoover in the surprise hit “Little Miss Sunshine”. Her role in “Little Miss Sunshine” also saw her receive an Academy Award nomination. Now with the world at her feet Breslin appeared in lesser known movies “The Ultimate Gift” and “The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause” before playing ‘adopted daughter’ to Catherine Zeta-Jones in “No Reservations” and then starring alongside Ryan Reynolds in “Definitely, Maybe”.
In 2008 Breslin again got in touch with her younger fans when she played Eco-warrior Nim in the well received “Nim’s Island” and since then has appeared in a string of hits including “My Sister’s Keeper”, “Zombieland”, “New Year’s Eve” and of course recent release “The Call”. Over the years Breslin has also showed that she is a talented voice artist and has lent her voice to films such as “Air Buddies”, “Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey”, “Rango” and also the underrated “Zambezia”.
Outside of acting Breslin has shown a real love for animals and it is understood that she is wanting to study to become a veterinarian although she has also gone on the record saying that if she wasn’t an actress she would also be interested in becoming a fashion designer. Breslin has also revealed that she is a talented musician and performs in a band called CABB with her best friend Cassidy Reiff.
Fans of Abigail Breslin better get used to her playing more grown-up characters from now on. She will soon be seen on the big screen in another thriller called “Final Girl” before appearing alongside Harrison Ford in action science fiction “Ender’s Game” and then with Juliette Lewis, Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in comedy drama “August: Osage County”. She is also currently working on Mark Young’s “Wicked Blood” and is also set to star with Arnold Schwarznegger in “Maggie” and the apocalyptic “Peste”. Yes, if you’re an Abigail Breslin fan you’ll be buying a lot of cinema tickets over the next twelve months.